Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Booism


"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another" (Pro, 27:17)

For ten years I've been under the caring and loving guidance of Booism. I met Boo many years ago and we quickly became friends. Always a pleasant conversationalist, but from the beginning we saw things from a different perspective.

"Oil and perfume can make the heart glad, and the sweetness of a friend comes from his earnest counsel" (Prov. 27:9)

There have been many times over the years that Boo has made me question what I was doing... re-think what I was planning... and re-write what I was creating. Gratefully, Boo's influence and friendship has caused me to re-examine who I was many times.

Faithful are the wounds of a friend, profuse are the kisses of an enemy" (Prov 27:6)

Too often we surround ourselves with yes men, those who tell us what we want to hear. How refreshing it is to be able to ask a question to someone you value and know that you're going to get an honest response.

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother" (Prov 18:24)

I count myself blessed to have a faithful friend. Living with the influence of Booism has helped me grow both spiritually and emotionally. I've been challenged, had a sharp tongue, done wrong by others, and failed just like we all do.

But the counsel of a good friend has helped to keep me accountable, it has and will always be a much valued gift. In the spirit of giving, I pray you show your appreciation to, or receive if you don't have, the gift of Booism.

Pray on,
Eddy

Photograph by Eibo Jeddah

No comments:

Post a Comment