Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

MMP: A Wash of Grace




Monday Morning Post: A Wash of Grace


Today marks another birthday, and with that, the battle of the annual life in review. Amazing how we seem to always want to be looking back as if to measure some sort of success.

I decided last year that my focus would be on the future which I was genuinely excited about. And that's where I sit once again today. There seems to be no ceiling on the creative spiritual ventures that have been made available to me.

Blessings upon blessings, ...it isn't about what I've achieved, it's about what I've been graced with.

And from His fullness we have received, grace upon grace (John 1:16 ESV)

Because without our spiritual gifts we have little to nothing to offer. If it's a song that touches someone's heart at that perfect moment, it's only the spirit that has led me to have created it and then offered it at that time.

Over the years I've learned that blessings can be counted in many ways, that they exist where we notice them and also where we turn a blind eye. And because of that I've become increasingly aware of the fact that I need to work on not missing those blessed moments of life. There's nothing worse than realizing all too late that what happened last week, or yesterday, was special. I want to learn to bask in the everyday moments, to enjoy the less then obvious blessings, and to live in those blessed moments as they occur.

So again this year I wear a smile, a contented peaceful smile, a thankfully blessed smile. For tomorrow I'll be creating in a wash of grace, ever aware that I should be taking note of the inspired touches of my God and offering heartfelt thanks for His unmatched love.

But by the grace of God I am what I am, ... (1 Corinthians 15:10a)

Pray on,
Eddy

No comments:

Post a Comment