Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

SBP: Choir Dog

Sunday Blip Post: Choir Dog
(The blip of the week from my Blipfoto page)




A blind worship leader acquaintance of mine sang in the conference choir this past week, and there was just something special about seeing his guide dog soaking it all in. He seemed to be so at home lounging at the feet of his teammate, never once being disturbed by the vibrant music that was surrounding him. He was content in being in the moment and allowing the wash of spiritual joy to just flow over him.

One could argue that this was what God had intended for canine and mankind. The ability to share in the act of worship and praise of their creator. I know that my aging beagle has found my studio to be a den of comfort and rest often over the years. Though her inspirational howling has sometimes been a challenge, I've always enjoyed her inspirational company. 

I also thought it of interest that my canine friend knew that music was all about the rest ...much like life itself. It's not the talking, but the listening; not the running around, but the resting; not the constant chatter of technology but the quiet time with our Maker.

Pray on,
Eddy

No comments:

Post a Comment